Sunday, July 13, 2008

time lapse sculpture

This sculpture has been a favorite of mine over the years. Its located outside the entrance to the large aviary at the Desert Museum. It portrays transitions from a single cell, to dinosaurs, to birds. The way the evolutionary theme is portrayed, it also reminds me of a favorite short animation done to Ravel's Bolero music in the animated movie Allegro non troppo.

starting at the bottom, minnows, fish, lizards...

hungrier lizards, dinosaurs with gathering feathers?...


2 comments:

  1. I remember this sculpture from visits to the Desert Museum as a child, and after I'd seen Allegro non troppo and visited again as an adult, I'd also made the connection. It also makes me think of Jurassic Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shy_smiley -- that's cool that we both made the Allegro non Troppo connection! It really does seem to match the theme in that piece, or it to the sculpture!.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!