Sunday, January 13, 2008

Touch the Wind


Why did I name my blog "touchwind"?


There is a great song by Tish Hinojosa,
"Everything You Wish", which I feel captures the spirit of what we see when we look into other people's eyes, as well as a lot of animal's eyes, back past the defenses.

Part of her song's lyrics are:



There's some things we cannot see,

but we feel and we believe;

Touch the wind and you will know what I mean;

There's a story in your eyes,

there's a dream down deep inside;

Where the moonlight shines on sweet memories";

-- Tish Hinojosa (from "Everything You Wish")

I really think these lyrics capture the spirit of what we all sometimes see when looking into eyes and past the surface. I also think of this song when I'm out hiking and feel the wind or a breeze and feel like I'm not just on, but a part of this living organism we call Earth. Hence "Touch the Wind". Touchthewind.blogspot.com was already taken, so that's why mine is just named touchwind.blogspot.com.

Which brings us to my blog's title picture... I took the title picture in the summer of 2007 while visiting friends up on the Oregon Coast. This shot was taken during a solo hike on the Cape Lookout Trail which heads out on a high peninsula looking back toward the southeast. This is a very scenic trail with great views of shoreline and steep drops down to the Pacific. The end of the trail is great spot to watch for passing whales. A great place to reach out and touch the wind...

1 comment:

  1. I get it now. I love the title of your new blog!!! I love the picture!!! And I know who your friends are... Mija and Tiger!!! Your "bestest" & smelliest buddies in the world, right?

    I miss you and wish you were here hiking right now. I need to continue reading your new blog.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!