Monday, July 28, 2008

Diamonds in the rough

This is part of the south side of the Chemical Sciences Building at the UofA taken from a nearby street. Cool design with diamond shapes and small windows. It wasn't until I got home and looked closer at my picture that I realized the side of the building isn't flat...


This has happened to me several times now, where I see something in a picture after the fact, now more obvious, that I totally missed on location. The increased resolution of cameras and ease of enlarging pictures sure makes things more interesting... I'm not saying someone else wouldn't have noticed how the brick design was done on the spot, but from the distance I was at I just jumped to the conclusion that they were using slightly different color bricks on a flat wall. Neat design.

The front of the building is glass and the east side has a copper facade. I found some construction photos showing other sides of the building here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!