Saturday, November 15, 2008

#59 El Bike Swap de Tucson

I went down to "El Bike Swap de Tucson" this morning to wander around. This is a semiannual event held down on 4th Ave where the Tucson bike community gathers to sell and trade bicycle related items they no longer need and perhaps pick up exactly what they do need for a great price. Friends Ted & Barb cleared out a lot of their surplus bike items (pictured above) including a bike, two frames, a bunch of hubs, stems, etc. Great to see the cycling, recycling, and back to cycling cycle in action!


This bird landed on a table made of old sprockets and chainrings.


Way fancier hub than I have on my bike. I wonder if I could make a faucet handle out of it?


Lots of people wandering up and down 4th Ave for a bicycle swap meet!

2 comments:

  1. You folks in Tucson seem to have more fun than the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catalyst -- well, I don't know about that, but we try!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!