Saturday, November 8, 2008

#57 Tucson Open Studio Tour

This colorful lady was helping direct visitors into the driveway of a residence/studio located in NW Tucson.

The Tucson Pima Arts Council sponsors an annual free, county-wide, self-guided Tucson Open Studio Tour. This weekend over 155 artists opened their studios to visitors. The Arts Council provides a list of artists and directions to their studios. I visited several studios -- each one had some really nice art. A good time -- too little free time today to visit many studios, but I really enjoyed the stops I was able to make while out and about.

As part of the afternoon's wanderings I found out about another annual event that looks really cool, and which I of course missed this year (sigh). Check out the slide show of past art installations of GLOW A Nighttime Art Experience. Next year for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!