Thursday, June 5, 2008

#27 this new thing is behind me

One of the joys of turning 50 is adding one more thing to the doctor's recommended test slate: the dreaded but very important colonoscopy. A big enough deal that its counts as a new thing, but really wasn't as bad as I had feared. A few days of preparation, a lot of anticipation, and a short procedure under anesthesia.

I don't remember a thing, and didn't even wake up to a room full of space aliens in a UFO.

But the best news is that I had normal results, no need to repeat this for another 10 years, and this new thing is done.

1 comment:

  1. HA! Excellent title for this new thing. I had to do a similar, less invasice procedure, by they didn't put me under. When people ask how it went, I just day "You haven't lived until you've seen the inside of your colon on closed circuit t.v."

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!