Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pilobolus Dance Theatre

A friend of mine invited me to see the dance theatre group Pilobolus tonight since his wife was ill and unable to attend. Pilobolus performed an absolutely amazing set of routines to a sold-out audience at UofA's Centennial Hall tonight. Each routine was fresh and dramatically different from their other routines. Amazing choreography, strength, flexibility, music. If they are touring in your neck of the woods I'd certainly recommend seeing them if you get the chance.

Here is a youtube video someone took of one routine in a past performance. Some of their routines are solos, others with six dancers. Never heard of them before, will have to watch their touring schedule in the future...

[#4 new to me 2009]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!