Thursday, January 1, 2009

First First First Night Celebration

I went down to Tucson's first, First Night celebration New Year's Eve. At 5 pm things were just warming up at the La Placita Village Courtyard above, one of five downtown venues providing family-friendly and alcohol-free entertainment while counting down to the new year. I really enjoyed listening to a number of different groups -- my favorite was a Latin fusion dance band named La Mezcla playing a lot of lively music to a full house in the Leo Rich Theatre (CD / audio sample here, check out "Heart Full of Salsa") . They are from Bisbee, AZ and I'll certainly keep my eyes open for when I might hear them in concert again.

The organizers did a great job for Tucson's first First Night. I hope to see this grow and continue as a new annual community event.

Well, that wraps up 2008 and here comes 2009 full steam. I'm going to continue the informal "new to me" pursuit in 2009 as a way to keep my eyes open to new opportunities, things to try, and forks in the road.

Thanks to everyone who has followed my blog over the past year -- I appreciate your support!

Wishing you all a safe, healthy, and happy new year!

3 comments:

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!