Friday, September 19, 2008

Goddess of the potted plants

This is a sculpture in front of a used furniture store on Grant Road in Tucson (Grant & Sparkman). I remember back in the 1980's when this building and the plant goddess in front were part of a nice restaurant. Good memories.
There are trees somewhat blocking the view of her from passing cars on Grant Road -- I wonder how many people know she is still holding her own...



The building appears to be up for sale, I hope someone figures out a way to keep or save her.

3 comments:

  1. Very bad Feng Shui she is staring at empty bowls. I hope the new owners either fill her bowls with fake gold coins or with plants whose leaves resemble coins-nothing sharp or pointy.

    PS love the cat pic below-excellent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pps and she should also not be blocking the main entrance-she should be placed on the side. But she is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tree ocean -- thanks for the comment!

    I'm not so sure she is looking at empty bowls: she could be watching a seed or a fresh sprout that we can't see from this perspective... I've seen little prickly pear cacti growing in the crook of saguaro arms... I agree it would be nice to be able to see a plant from where I'm standing.

    She's not really in front of a door, it just kind of looks that way -- the actual door is out of the picture to the left, and the main entrance is on the other side of the building.

    Glad you like the cat pic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!