Saturday, September 13, 2008

#46 abridged bat music to fly by

Tonight I hung out with about 20,000 out of town visitors. The Rillito River Project held an event to watch the evening flyout of about 20,000 Mexican Free-tailed Bats from under the Campbell Bridge. It was very nice to see so many people interested in learning about and watching bats. I had to smile when I saw the size of the crowd, even though I knew it would make tonight's bat watching more difficult and a little less eco-friendly.


People starting to arrive, Pete Swan entertaining the crowd.



Lots of bats in the air, but I wasn't able to get a good picture of them so I took this one of part of the huge crowd that showed up. I've enjoyed watching the smoky plume as thousands of bats fly out for the evening from one of the bridges over on my side of town and hopefully one of these days I'll be able to get a tolerable picture of them to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!