Tuesday, March 25, 2008

#13 John McEuen concert at Javalina's


On my way home this evening I stopped by Javalina's coffee shop to enjoy a great outdoor concert by John McEuen (of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band fame) and one of his sons, Nathan. Nathan's band had apparently stopped by Javalina's sometime in the past, liked their experience, and talked his dad into coming out to Tucson for a concert. I'd been meaning to check out what the Javalina's concert set up was like for sometime and tonight just worked out.

Great concert with John playing guitar, fiddle, banjo, and mandolin; Nathan playing guitar; and a local (?) fiddle player (Danny?) sitting in on few songs. A lot of music history tonight!

Now that I've tried out this informal parking lot venue, I'm sure I'll be back to check out other musicians on the Javalina's calendar. Its nice to see a small coffee house doing so much to provide a venue for musicians and music lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!