This air dryer works quite differently (and better) than the heated air hand dryer that has been around for decades. To use, you insert both hands into the Airblade and it starts blowing an unheated, 400 mph, thin sheet of air down both sides of your hands as you slowing pull them out, about 12 seconds start to finish. No rubbing hands together or any of that.
I have to say I was impressed. It was fast, simple, clean, and my hands were actually dry. There was only one of these in the restroom (demo?) and the rest of the restroom had about 6-8 automatic paper towel dispensers (automatically lowering paper towels onto wet countertops, sigh.)
- energy and environment friendly: no heat, no paper, no trash, lower labor
- actually works and dries hands
- acceptable noise level
- I'm not sure how these are supposed to drain water and whether this one was plumbed or not... The airport had put a big mat under it due to water accumulation on the floor..
- Doesn't work in a power outage
- It takes getting used to a new way of doing something... Given the availability of paper towels, I might not have tried it if it weren't for the new thing list.