Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stata Center for Computer, Information and Intelligence Sciences @ MIT

 Back in December I had the chance to enjoy a nice winter walk around the MIT campus with a friend and finally got to see the very interesting STATA building and take some pictures.  Wow!  I'm not sure how to describe it, perhaps "a sci-fi building caught in an earthquake warped in a spacial anomaly and conceived in a Dr. Suess book"?

Lots of interesting shapes, angles, reflections




and if you look closely in some windows you'll find looking back out at you...  very appropriate for a building right out a sci-fi book...

sunlight reflections off chrome parts of the building

even have some trees scattered about












quite a few other people also gazing up at this building and taking pictures

More info on the STATA Center for Computer, Information and Intelligence Sciences here.

[Links: I've added two more of the blogs that I follow to my favorite blogs sidebar on my blog.  Tom Check of Tombo's Blog is off exploring the country again and has posted some excellent pictures of the Canyonlands and Monument Valley.  Lisa, a bird and wildlife researcher writes the Got Flycatchers? blog -- well written and interesting.]

2 comments:

  1. Great shots Warren! Definitely looks like a dr. suess building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tombo -- thanks! yep, strange creatures in strange costumes would be perfectly at home there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated, they let me know if anyone is actually reading my blog too!